Saturday 20 August 2011

Singapore

Well I took the leap and caught the bus to Singapore today from Johor Bahru. What an experience that was, such an adventure and the bus fare was only RM2.00 approx 50p in English. The trip across the causeway and into Singapore centre was about an hour - value for money or what?? Singapore is so different from what I imagined with vast numbers of tower blocks and several shopping arcades. Don't know what I expected but certainly not that. Somewhere in the annals of my mind I expected some jungle somewhere along the route or something that looked like jungle but no. I visited a market with all sorts of unusual products on sale and such a fishy smell - urgh nose pinching time, but I have never seen the like before with bags and boxes of dried tiny fish like minnows, dried squid, something that looked like octopus and no end of different types of dried shrimps, cuttlefish, prawns and the most humungous bags of dried mushrooms. When I get back to KL tomorrow I'll download some pics!!

Sitting here I have to pinch myself to realise that I went and came back to Singapore all in one day. With customs, immigration in and out and that much rubber stamping on my passport the ink is there for all to see as proof!! - but another memory to add to my little picture book stashed away in the brain before I shed this mortal coil - how lucky am I??

No comments:

Post a Comment